CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Get Started Now On This DIY Easter Table



Start planning for this DIY Kid friendly Easter table now.  I found this idea in my favorite magazine Southern Living and plan to have my kids help me with the growing details.  My family spends Easter in Memphis, Tennessee so being outdoors is a big part of the day. Planning for Easter is always fun for my three Sisters and two Sister In Laws.  We all love to entertain which is part of our Southern Belle upbringing. This year I am going, with this Spring colored Easter DIY theme.  Keeping a budget in mind, this is a great color splash table for a large Easter Family get together.  I recommend you check your local dollar stores for much of the Easter supplies. In Southern California we have 99cent stores, so I was lucky enough to find cute colored buckets there. I also found the plastic egg halves there as well. Next you need to purchase wheat grass, which you can find at your local Nursery or anywhere that sells seeds.  Purchase sugar molds, which I researched online and found easily.  

Place the eggs in the sugar mold holes. Place a few spoons of top soil into the plastic egg halves. Plant a few seeds of the Wheat Grass in the soil, and allow 7 to 10 days for germination. The day of the Easter party tuck in fresh daisies, daffodils and bright tulips for a spectacular spring display. Finish the table setting by filling the color buckets with pastel Easter egg candies, and cereals for the kids.


Supply List:

Colored Buckets
Top Soil
Wheat Grass
Plastic Easter Eggs
Easter Candy
Cereal -Cherrios
Fresh Spring Flowers 
Sugar Molds


Photo Credit: SouthernLiving 

0 comments: